What’s the soup today?
On cold Northern Michigan days it’s nice to have warm soup waiting for you at lunch time. Monday is Soupday at Brown Motors. This week we enjoyed a warm you up Hearty Corn Chowder. Often likened to a stew, chowder is thick with chunks of ingredients, and has a very hearty, warming flavor. Try this recipe & enjoy!
Hearty Corn Chowder
- 1 lb celery, cliced thin
- 2 lb onion, diced
- 3 oz red pepper, diced
- 3 T minced garlic
- 4 lb red potatoes, chopped
- 5 qts chicken broth
- 4 lb fresh frozen corn, whole kernels
- 4 lbs creamed corn
- 3 lbs ground ham
- 1 qt half and half
- Salt, pepper & hot pepper sauce to taste
- Saute celery, onion, pepper & garlic; add potatoes & broth; bring to boil; reduce heat to low; cover; simmer until potatoes cooked.
- Add corn, creamed corn & ham; simmer a few hours to blend flavors.
- Add cream; heat through; add seasonings to taste.