Many people love getting a brand-new, shiny truck and then trading it in every few years for another new Ford truck. However, for most people, this isn’t a possibility. Once they get a truck, they have to drive it for as long as they can. But, how long can you expect Ford F-150s and F-250s to last?
We delved into the archives to figure out how long some people have driven their Ford trucks and came up with a list of a few of the most impressive:*
- 1999 Ford F-250 lasted about 230,000 miles
- 1977 Ford F-250 lasted for 377,000 miles
- 2005 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew lasted for 200,000 miles
- 1998 Ford F-150 lasted for 235,000 miles
- 1993 Ford F-150 lasted for 402,000 miles
- 1996 Ford F-250 lasted for 298,000 miles
- 1997 Ford F-150 lasted for 300,000 miles
Of course, these are just the most impressive numbers, they are by no means the average. Most people agreed, however, that your truck should be able to last up to 200,000 miles. Polk Report data shows that the number of Ford pickups on the road with more than 250,000 miles out numbers any other brand. So, if you want a dependable, long lasting truck, then you need one that’s built Ford tough.
Keep in mind is that all of these truck owners cited the need for regular service and maintenance on their trucks in order to keep them running as long as possible. If you need to get your Ford truck serviced, stop by Brown Motors for all your truck repair and maintenance needs.
*These numbers are all self-reported by the truck owners and are in no way validated.