Earlier we wrote about 5 details we love about the new 2015 Ford F-150. Now, we want to share with you 5 big changes that are coming with the Ford F-150 that make us love it even more. The Ford F-150 is positioned to completely obliterate everything we know about pickup trucks. Rugged and tough no longer needs to mean heavy and bulky. Big trucks no longer need to guzzle gas and can actually offer a first-class interior. They can be packed with technology and serve as a family commuter and powerful work horse in the same day. Meet the all-new 2015 F-150.
Here are just five of our favorite 2015 Ford F-150 new features you need to know about:
- Aluminum Body. The new aluminum body allowed Ford to cut 700 pounds from the outgoing model. This means less energy needs to be dedicated to the max payload of 3,180 pounds and towing capacity of 12,200 pounds (both are best-in-class numbers). No durability or strength were sacrificed in ditching the old steel construction.
- EcoBoost Engines. Ford has added a new 2.7-liter V6 EcoBoost engine with 325 horsepower and 375 pound-feet of torque. The 2.7 features advanced technologies like a compressed graphite iron block and twin turbochargers that are integrated into the exhaust manifold.
- Electronic display. The optional 8-inch digital MyView gauge cluster allows the driver to configure them to display a variety of information related to fuel economy, towing, off-roading, tire pressure along with other vehicle specs. All information can be grouped, prioritized, and arranged however the driver wants.
- Exterior cameras. Ford has introduced birds-eye-view, a 360-degree camera technology on the new F-150 that makes parking and low-speed maneuvers in tight quarters much easier. In addition, the rearview camera has the ability to guide drivers toward a trailer hitch with a dynamic display line.
- Driver Assist. The F-150 is the first pickup truck to offer a suite of driver-assist safety technologies. Blind-spot detection, lane-keeping assist, curve control, forward collision warning, radar cruise control, hill descent control and Ford’s patented Active Park Assist system work together to create the safest-possible driving experience.
Are you ready to see what the new F-150 is all about? Stop by Brown Motors today to learn more.