It’s about that time of year again when school is out of session and families across the country hit the open road. So, if you have yet to solidify your summer plans, might we suggest a Michigan road trip? Whether you’re from the Great Lake State, or are looking for some summer fun, here are five top road-tripping routes to give you a taste of Pure Michigan!
- Travel Red Arrow Highway from New Buffalo to St. Joseph. Along this route, you will pass quaint villages, as well as many Lake Michigan beaches, known for art galleries, antiques, orchards, and vineyards. Be sure to stop by Weko Beach for its picturesque sunsets.
- Take your camera and swimming apparel with you when traveling along M-22 from Arcadia to Frankfort, where you can enjoy sandy beaches, craft beer at Stormcloud Brewing, and a scenic overlook of Lake Michigan north of Arcadia.
- Travel along M-23 from Tawas City to Alpena and enjoy the views of Lake Huron from the classic 1870 Sturgeon Point Lighthouse.
- The River Road Scenic Byway–a hub of Michigan’s timber history and home of the Lumberman’s Monument–affords a scenic overlook above the AuSable Valley. Bring your walking shoes as hiking trails abound.
- Stop for a picnic along the dunes when traveling along US-2 from St. Ignace to Manistique–and don’t miss the Cut River Bridge Overlook.
Looking for a vehicle to take you on this breathtaking and unforgettable trip? Be sure to visit us at Brown Motors where we will help you choose the best vehicle to meet your needs!