In Northern Michigan, winter is one of the most beautiful times of the year. This means it is a great time to head outdoors and experience winter in Northern Michigan. Here are some great activities to fill your days with winter adventures:
- Whether you consider yourself an expert, or are just starting out, there are three ski areas in the Petoskey area: Boyne Highlands Resort, Boyne Mountain Resort, and Nub’s Nob.
- Cross country skiing. If you prefer a flatter skiing terrain, there is no shortage of cross country ski trails in our area.
- For some high-speed winter fun, there is nothing better than snowmobiling. There are more than 140 miles of forested pathways in northern Michigan to take in some breathtaking scenery.
- Ice fishing. Spend a fun and relaxing winter day out on the ice of the Great Lakes catching some fish. Book a trip with Sport Fish Michigan and it includes all the necessary gear.
- Ice skating. Choose from a wide range of both indoor and outdoor skating rinks across the area.
What is your favorite way to spend the winter in northern Michigan?